- Lee CF, Fong DY, Cheung KM, Cheng JC, Ng BK, Lam TP, Mak KH, Yip PS, Luk KD. Referral criteria for school scoliosis screening: assessment and recommendations based on a large longitudinally followed cohort. Spine. 2010;35:E1492-1498.
- Lee CF, Fong DY, Cheung KM, Cheng JC, Ng BK, Lam TP, Mak KH, Yip PS, Luk KD. Costs of school scoliosis screening: a large, population-based study. Spine. 2010;35:2266-2272.
- Luk KD, Lee CF, Cheung KM, Cheng JC, Ng BK, Lam TP, Mak KH, Yip PS, Fong DY. Clinical effectiveness of school screening for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a large population-based retrospective cohort study. Spine. 2010;35:1607-1614.
- Fong DY, Lee CF, Cheung KM, Cheng JC, Ng BK, Lam TP, Mak KH, Yip PS, Luk KD. A meta-analysis of the clinical effectiveness of school scoliosis screening. Spine. 2010;35:1061-1071.
Fulcrum Bending Radiographs
- Samartzis D, Leung Y, Shigematsu H, Natarajan D, Stokes O, Mak KC, Yao G, Luk KD, Cheung KM. Selection of Fusion Levels Using the Fulcrum Bending Radiograph for the Management of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Patients with Alternate Level Pedicle Screw Strategy: Clinical Decision-making and Outcomes. PLoS One 2015;10:e0120302.
- Cheung KM, Lam JW, Samartzis D, Lu WW, Luk KD. The use of a modified fulcrum for fulcrum bending radiographs: a technical note. Journal of orthopaedic surgery. 2014;22:248-251.
- Luk KD, Cheung WY, Wong Y, Cheung KM, Wong YW, Samartzis D. The predictive value of the fulcrum bending radiograph in spontaneous apical vertebral derotation in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine. 2012;37:E922-926.
- Cheung WY, Lenke LG, Luk KD. Prediction of scoliosis correction with thoracic segmental pedicle screw constructs using fulcrum bending radiographs. Spine. 2010;35:557-561.
- Cheung KM, Natarajan D, Samartzis D, Wong YW, Cheung WY, Luk KD. Predictability of the fulcrum bending radiograph in scoliosis correction with alternate-level pedicle screw fixation. Journal of bone and joint surgery (American). 2010;92:169-176.
- Luk KD, Don AS, Chong CS, Wong YW, Cheung KM. Selection of fusion levels in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis using fulcrum bending prediction: a prospective study. Spine. 2008;33:2192-2198.
- Cheung KM, Lu DS, Zhang H, Luk KD. In-vivo demonstration of the effectiveness of thoracoscopic anterior release using the fulcrum-bending radiograph: a report of five cases. European Spine Journal. 2006;15 Suppl 5:578-582.
- Luk KD, Lu DS, Cheung KM, Wong YW. A prospective comparison of the coronal deformity correction in thoracic scoliosis using four different instrumentations and the fulcrum-bending radiograph. Spine. 2004;29:560-563.
- Luk KD, Cheung KM, Lu DS, Leong JC. Assessment of scoliosis correction in relation to flexibility using the fulcrum bending correction index. Spine. 1998;23:2303-2307.
- Cheung KM, Luk KD. Prediction of correction of scoliosis with use of the fulcrum bending radiograph. Journal of bone and joint surgery (American). 1997;79:1144-1150.
- Cheung JP, Samartzis D, Cheung PW, Leung KH, Cheung KM, Luk KD. The distal radius and ulna classification in assessing skeletal maturity: a simplified scheme and reliability analysis. Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics B. 2015; 24(6):546-551.
- Cheung JP, Samartzis D, Cheung PW, Cheung KM, Luk KD. Reliability analysis of the distal radius and ulna classification for assessing skeletal maturity for patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Global Spine Journal. 2015.
- Luk KD, Saw LB, Grozman S, Cheung KM, Samartzis D. Assessment of skeletal maturity in scoliosis maturity in scoliosis patients to determine clinical management: a new classification scheme using distal radius and ulna radiographs. The Spine Journal. 2014;14(2):315-325.
- Liu X, Wu S, Yeung KW, Chan YL, Hu T, Xu Z, Liu X, Chung JC, Cheung KM, Chu PK. Relationship between osseointegration and superelastic biomechanics in porous NiTi scaffolds. Biomaterials. 2011;32(2):330-8.
- Liu XM, Wu SL, Chan YL, Chu PK, Chung CY, Chu CL, Yeung KW, Lu WW, Cheung KM, Luk KD. Surface characteristics, biocompatibility, and mechanical properties of nickel-titanium plasma-implanted with nitrogen at different implantation voltages. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2007;82(2):469-78.
- Wu S, Liu X, Chan YL, Chu PK, Chung CY, Chu C, Yeung KW, Lu WW, Cheung KM, Luk KD. Nickel release behavior and surface characteristics of porous NiTi shape memory alloy modified by different chemical processes. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2009;89(2):483-9.
- Wu S, Liu X, Chan YL, Ho JP, Chung CY, Chu PK, Chu CL, Yeung KW, Lu WW, Cheung KM, Luk KD. Nickel release behavior, cytocompatibility, and superelasticity of oxidized porous single-phase NiTi. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2007;81(4):948-55.
- Wu SL, Chu PK, Liu XM, Chung CY, Ho JP, Chu CL, Tjong SC, Yeung KW, Lu WW, Cheung KM, Luk KD. Surface characteristics, mechanical properties, and cytocompatibility of oxygen plasma-implanted porous nickel titanium shape memory alloy. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2006;79(1):139-46.
- Yeung KW, Cheung KMC, Lu WW, Chung CY. Optimization of thermal treatment parameters to alter austenitic phase transition temperature of NiTi alloy for medical implant. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2004;383(2):213-8.
- Yeung KW, Lu WW, Luk KD, Cheung KM. Mechanical testing of a smart spinal implant locking mechanism based on nickel-titanium alloy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31(20):2296-303.
- Yeung KW, Poon RW, Chu PK, Chung CY, Liu XY, Lu WW, Chan D, Chan SC, Luk KD, Cheung KM. Surface mechanical properties, corrosion resistance, and cytocompatibility of nitrogen plasma-implanted nickel-titanium alloys: a comparative study with commonly used medical grade materials. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2007;82(2):403-14.
- Yeung KW, Poon RW, Liu XY, Ho JP, Chung CY, Chu PK, Lu WW, Chan D, Cheung KM. Corrosion resistance, surface mechanical properties, and cytocompatibility of plasma immersion ion implantation-treated nickel-titanium shape memory alloys. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2005;75(2):256-67.
- Yeung KW, Poon RW, Liu XY, Ho JP, Chung CY, Chu PK, Lu WW, Chan D, Cheung KM. Investigation of nickel suppression and cytocompatibility of surface-treated nickel-titanium shape memory alloys by using plasma immersion ion implantation. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2005;72(3):238-45.
Magnetically-controlled growing rods
- Cheung JP, Cahill P, Yaszay B, Akbarnia BA, Cheung KM. Special article: Update on the magnetically controlled growing rod: tips and pitfalls. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2015;23(3):383-390.
- Cheung JP, Bow C, Samartzis D, Ganal-Antonio AK, Cheung KM. Clinical utility of ultrasound to prospectively monitor distraction of magnetically controlled growing rods The Spine Journal. 2015
- Stokes OM, O'Donovan EJ, Samartzis D, Bow CH, Luk KD, Cheung KM. Reducing radiation exposure in early-onset scoliosis surgery patients: novel use of ultrasonography to measure lengthening in magnetically-controlled growing rods. The Spine Journal. 2014;14(10):2397-2404.
- Cheung JP, Samartzis D, Cheung KM. A novel approach to gradual correction of severe spinal deformity in a pediatric patient using the magnetically-controlled growing rod. The Spine Journal. 2014;14(7):e7-13.
- Akbarnia BA, Cheung K, Noordeen H, Elsebaie H, Yazici M, Dannawi Z, Kabirian N. Next generation of growth-sparing techniques: preliminary clinical results of a magnetically controlled growing rod in 14 patients with early-onset scoliosis. Spine. 2013;38(8):665-670.
- Cheung KM, Cheung JP, Samartzis D, Mak KC, Wong YW, Cheung WY, Akbarnia BA, Luk KD. Magnetically controlled growing rods for severe spinal curvature in young children: a prospective case series. Lancet. 2012;379(9830):1967-1974.