Magnetically-controlled growing rods
- Cheung JP, Cahill P, Yaszay B, Akbarnia BA, Cheung KM. Special article: Update on the magnetically controlled growing rod: tips and pitfalls. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2015;23(3):383-390.
- Cheung JP, Bow C, Samartzis D, Ganal-Antonio AK, Cheung KM. Clinical utility of ultrasound to prospectively monitor distraction of magnetically controlled growing rods The Spine Journal. 2015
- Stokes OM, O’Donovan EJ, Samartzis D, Bow CH, Luk KD, Cheung KM. Reducing radiation exposure in early-onset scoliosis surgery patients: novel use of ultrasonography to measure lengthening in magnetically-controlled growing rods. The Spine Journal. 2014;14(10):2397-2404.
- Cheung JP, Samartzis D, Cheung KM. A novel approach to gradual correction of severe spinal deformity in a pediatric patient using the magnetically-controlled growing rod. The Spine Journal. 2014;14(7):e7-13.
- Akbarnia BA, Cheung K, Noordeen H, Elsebaie H, Yazici M, Dannawi Z, Kabirian N. Next generation of growth-sparing techniques: preliminary clinical results of a magnetically controlled growing rod in 14 patients with early-onset scoliosis. Spine. 2013;38(8):665-670.
- Cheung KM, Cheung JP, Samartzis D, Mak KC, Wong YW, Cheung WY, Akbarnia BA, Luk KD. Magnetically controlled growing rods for severe spinal curvature in young children: a prospective case series. Lancet. 2012;379(9830):1967-1974.